The MPMCC deals with information privacy in accordance with the the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The Policy applies to MPMCC Committee members, past and present, and all MPMCC members.
The MPMCC collects personal information for the purposes of fulfilling its functions and responsibilities as a professional Association, to administer member services and to operate the motorcycle track on BlueScope Steel property at Hastings in accordance with the Agreement between MPMCC and the BlueScope.
MPMCC will only collect necessary personal information directly from each member unless this is impractical or unreasonable to do so. At or before collection we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the member is aware of the reason and purpose for collecting their personal information and to the extent to which that information may be disclosed.
MPMCC treat your privacy with the utmost respect and make every effort to ensure it is protected.
What we are required to record on the Members Register
We are legally obliged under the Associations Incorporated Act keep a members register and to record in the members register:
(a) the name and address of each member; and
(b) the date on which the person became a member;
(c) the date on which the person ceased to be a member.
Details child under 18 years age are not recorded on the members register.
INFORMATION RETAINED ON PAST MEMBERS
The following information will be retained on the member register for past members:
- Date on which the person became a member
- The date on which they ceased to be a member
- Home address postcode (used for demographic analysis)
- Positions they held on any committee or sub-committees
All details about a person who has ceased to be a member other than the above must be removed from the Register within 14 days of the acknowledged ceasation of their membership.
Other information recorded on members and associate members
The additional information we record that is not held on the Members Register is:
- Contact details such as email address and phone numbers
- Whether the member is a nominated parent or guardian of a child
- Children’s name, age, date they joined the Association
- Children’s nominated parents and guardians
- Details of membership declarations with respect to use the facilities managed by MPMCC
- Position on the committee or and sub-committee’s
- Positions held with respect to track management and supervision.
USE & DISCLOSURE
MPMCC only discloses personal information on the strict understanding that this information is not to be used for any other purpose other than for the specific purpose for which the information is supplied and according to any restrictions nominated by the member.
MPMCC takes reasonable steps to ensure that any recipients of information are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the personal information disclosed to them.
MPMCC will use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected including:
- maintaining membership records;
- providing information on services and benefits available to Members;
- collection of Association membership fees ;
- conducting research relevant to Members;
- allowing use for mailing in a controlled manner for Association purposes; and
- providing information as authorised or required by law.
Members are entitled to inspect the Members Register and make a copy. The request must be made to the secretary.
The Act restricts use of the information on the members register to Association purposes only.
Members are not entitled to any other information about other members that is not recorded on the Members Register.
GENERAL ACCESS BY MEMBERS
Access to information about children under 18 years age
Access to information held on children under 18 years of age is restricted to the nominated parents and guardians of those children and the MPMCC committee on an as required basis.
A child under 18 years age is an associate member, their details are not recorded on the members register and are not available to any other members.
USE OF MEMBERS REGISTER INFORMATION BY MEMBERS
Use of information on the members register by members is restricted by section 58 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 1012 as follows:
- A person must not use information about another person obtained from the register of members of an incorporated association to contact or send materials to the other person.
- A person must not disclose information about another person obtained from the register of members of an incorporated association knowing that the information is likely to be used to contact or send materials to the other person.
- Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply if the use or disclosure of the information—
(a) is directly related to the management or the purposes of the association; and
(b) is not prohibited by the rules of the association.
ACCESS BY A MEMBER TO THEIR DETAILS
Members have the right to request access to any personal information held by the MPMCC which relates to them, unless the MPMCC is permitted by law to withhold that information. Any requests for access to a members personal information should be made to the MPMCC Secretary in writing.
Members also have the right to request the correction of any personal information which relates to them and is inaccurate. Any corrections should be advised to the MPMCC Secretary in writing by e-mailing secretary@MPMCC.org.au or writing to the Association.
USE BY MEMBERS
A member is entitled to use the information on the Members Register for Association use, for example they could circulate information to all members related to its management, activities or purposes.
If there is a person on the Register with restricted access to details, then the secretary is required on request to circulate the information on the members behalf.
BANK ACCOUNT & CREDIT CARD DETAILS
MPMCC may collect bank account and credit card details for the purposes of receiving payment of Association fees. Details are only retained for as long as required to complete the transaction, and as required for any bank or taxation records of the transaction.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE DISCLOSED
A member may request the secretary, and stating the special circumstances applicable, to restrict access to limit availability to:
a) the secretary and members of the committee; or
b) the secretary and members of the committee other than a specified member or specified members of the committee.
The member is required to provide details of the special circumstances that apply to the secretary. If the secretary declines, then the member can appeal to VCAT.
Internet transmission of information - Where appropriate the MPMCC uses secure transmission facilities. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we do not warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet.